Slow Juicer Your Way to Wheatgrass
Run your fresh batch of wheatgrass through a slow juicer today! Wheatgrass at its peak of harvest(1-2 weeks after planting) has all these and many more healing benefits:
20% Calories from Protein
2 oz wheatgrass juice= eating 5 lbs organic vegetables
full vitamin B complex
B17 (Laetrile/amygdalin )-Cancer Haulting glucoside(See all my cancer related posts)
balance of calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus,
pets love it !
Slow Juicer vs Masticating Juicer
Slow Juicer typically uses a food grade plastic auger to slowly churn produce . Its action is to squeeze the juice. A centrifugal juicer has a metal plate and teeth to tear apart produce, letting juice out.
The important advantages of a masticating/slow juicer:
- Plastic does not oxidize the juice on contact>> more nutritious
- slow mastication creates very little heat so as to preserve the raw nutrients from raw produce
- it yields about 30% more juice than a centrifugal juicer
Advantages of Centrifugal:
- cheaper and works well for juicy fruit like citrus and berries
Overall you get better quality and value for your money spent on juicer and produce with slow juicer/masticating.
I use Omega 8006 masticating juicer, but there are many great juicers to choose from. Just FYI I dont think that spending on the top of the line gadget may be worth all the extra investment. I would choose something in the mid price range. Many have a lifetime warranty.
Do and Dont of Juicing
- cut up produce in small one inch pieces that fit easily through feeding shoot
- Careful not to cram too much . It wont juice any faster but it can obstruct the juicer.
- go easy on any one green at first. Lots of greens have a funky taste when too concentrated. That includes Kale, Broccoli, cabbage and wheatgrass. In moderation they blend in nicely with other mild greens, fruit and watery produce.
- add fruit( apples, oranges, but even grapefruit and lemon adds some sweetness) 1:1 ratio fruit to vegies, then taper off later according to your desires for less fruit.
- and/or use juicy produce to dilute strong flavors( cucumber, lettuce, bok choy, bell pepper)
- use a recipe or create a simple 2-3 ingredient recipe(one being some fruit): some of the bets mono juices: cucumber, carrot(diluted with water), diluted beets(if sweet)
- You can masticate wheatgrass in your mouth to freshen breath and save time. Sit out the fiber.
Draw from this pallet of flavors to create your perfect blend
Sweet greens: Broccoli, cabbage, wheatgrass, bell pepper
Salty greens: chard, celery
spicy greens: cabbage, radish, ginger
bitter greens: kale, dandelion, watercress
A great tomato juice substitute: 2 parts celery, 1 part bell pepper, one part cucumber, one part chard
<a href=”https://draxe.com/vitamin-b17/”>Learn more about Laetrile</a>
<a href=“http://skylight-massage.com/2015/07/17/natural-cancer-cure-hacks/“>Learn potent natural hacks on cancer</a>